At Edgewood San Francisco, we offer a highly-structured, short-term 8-16 week therapeutic after school Intensive Outpatient Program for youth ages 6-17. We collaborate with outside providers and families to reduce high risk behaviors, improve coping strategies and create a positive, comfortable environment for skill development, positive thinking and resiliency.
our therapeutic approach
We believe that kids are doing the best they can. When skills are lagging, our team takes a strength-based approach to uncover the unique talents of each youth we serve in order to help them develop better strategies for managing stress and to increase social functioning. We offer a Child Program (ages 6-12) and Teen Program (ages 13-17).
Our services include:
• Weekly individual therapy helps identify triggers and build coping strategies.
• Weekly family therapy increases communication and conflict resolution skills among family members.
• Daily group therapy promotes self-awareness, introduces coping skills and focuses on solving problems collaboratively to reduce challenging behaviors.
• Life skills groups reinforces skills in practical settings and includes social engagement, time management, nutrition/cooking, hygiene, and job skills activities.
• Expressive arts therapy helps youth learn about themselves and how to express their feelings and thoughts through poetry, art and movement.
• Mindfulness groups teach youth relaxation techniques that can be carried forward into daily life. Mindfulness practice can promote better sleep and anxiety reduction.
• Saturday caregiver group, led by a therapist, provides psycho-education, peer support, and a forum to learn from and with other caregivers.
Our core programming is offered Monday through Friday from 3:30-6:30pm, with youth attending 3-5 days a week. Early arrival and transportation options are available.
For more information please view our brochure here.
1801 Vicente St, San Francisco Ca, 94116
We are available for phone consultation with outside providers, insurance case managers, and family members.
Michael Clumeck, MA
Intake Director, San Francisco