Edgewood Kinship San Mateo
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo has served relative caregivers in San Mateo County for over ten years. Our services are designed to support and strengthen families, focusing on the needs of every family member so everyone together can succeed.
Kinship Support Network is able to provide a vast array of quality support services to relative caregivers and their families through volunteer hours and various funding sources including the Human Service Agency, grants, and donations from community members. The Older Americans Act (OAA) also partially funds Kinship services through the Family Caregiver Support Program. The OAA asks that we give our families the opportunity to contribute to our program. You do not have to contribute to continue receiving services. We will continue to provide services to you and your family no matter what.
If you would like to make a donation, it can be mailed to: Edgewood Center for Children and Families, Attention: Kinship, 957 Industrial Road, Suite B, San Carlos, CA 94070.
Click here to view our English Services Flyer
Click here to view our Spanish Services Flyer
Bilingual Case Management (English and Spanish)
- Information and referrals for: legal, housing, and financial support
Bilingual Counseling (English and Spanish)
Community Health Services
- Development assessments for children ages 0-5
- Health assessments for children and caregivers
- Workshops on managing chronic disease
Bilingual Support Groups (English and Spanish)
- For schedule, childcare, transportation, or more information, call 650.832.6902.
- Childcare hours available for families to use with a licensed childcare provider
- Saturday recreation outings for youth ages 6-18 with transportation included to and from events
- Spring and winter break activities
- Family events and holiday celebrations
- To download a flyer with service descriptions, please click here...
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo serves San Mateo County.
Edgewood South San Francisco
180 South Spruce Ave., Suite 200
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Who It Helps
partners and funders
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo partners with the San Mateo Human Services Agency, San Mateo Department of Aging & Adult Services, Legal Advocates for Children and Youth, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, StarVista, San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, the California Department of Social Services for Success through the Federal Department of Health and Human Services.
- Edgewood Kinship San Mateo serves more than 200 families in San Mateo County.
- 97% of the children served remain in a stable home environment with the primary caregiver involved with the program.
- Edgewood Kinship San Mateo provided 2,011 respite hours for kinship caregivers last year.
- Kinship caregivers served by Edgewood Kinship San Mateo range from 22-88 years old.
- Children served by Edgewood Kinship San Mateo range from 0-24 years old. The median age is 8 years old.
- The caregivers involved with Edgewood Kinship San Mateo are approximately one-third African American, one-third Latino, one-quarter Caucasian, and the remainder are Asian American, Filipino, Native American and other.
To refer a client or yourself, please contact:
Jamila L. McCallum
Director of Operations, San Mateo Region
Associate Program Director