Edgewood Kinship San Mateo
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo has served relative caregivers in San Mateo County for over ten years. Our services are designed to support and strengthen families, focusing on the needs of every family member so everyone together can succeed.
Bilingual Case Management (English and Spanish)
- Information and referrals for: legal, housing, and financial support
Bilingual Counseling (English and Spanish)
Community Health Services
- Development assessments for children ages 0-5
- Health assessments for children and caregivers
- Workshops on managing chronic disease
Bilingual Support Groups (English and Spanish)
- For schedule, childcare, transportation, or more information, call 415.375.7584.
- Childcare hours available for families to use with a licensed childcare provider
- Saturday recreation outings for youth ages 6-18 with transportation included to and from events
- Spring and winter break activities
- Family events and holiday celebrations
- To download a flyer with service descriptions, please click here...
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo serves San Mateo County.
South County Office: Edgewood San Mateo
North County Office: 1475 Huntington Ave, #150, South San Francisco, CA 94080. By appointment only.
Who It Helps
Kinship families living in San Mateo County. Through California Kinship Support Services, Edgewood reaches 19 additional California counties running state-contracted kinship. Through California Kinship Navigator, Edgewood reaches kinship caregivers throughout the state.
Read a testimonial from a kinship family...
partners and funders
Edgewood Kinship San Mateo partners with the San Mateo Human Services Agency, San Mateo Department of Aging & Adult Services, Legal Advocates for Children and Youth, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Youth and Family Enrichment Services, San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, the California Department of Social Services and Family Connections for Success through the Federal Department of Health and Human Services.
- Edgewood Kinship San Mateo serves more than 200 families in San Mateo County.
- 97% of the children served remain in a stable home environment with the primary caregiver involved with the program.
- Edgewood Kinship San Mateo provided 2,011 respite hours for kinship caregivers last year.
- Kinship caregivers served by Edgewood Kinship San Mateo range from 22-88 years old.
- Children served by Edgewood Kinship San Mateo range from 0-24 years old. The median age is 8 years old.
- The caregivers involved with Edgewood Kinship San Mateo are approximately one-third African American, one-third Latino, one-quarter Caucasian, and the remainder are Asian American, Filipino, Native American and other.
To refer a client or yourself, submit a referral form by clicking here...
Jamila L. McCallum
Kinship Program Director
Kinship Program Manager