Criteria for admission to Hospital Diversion
· The youth has acute psychiatric symptoms or is referred for mental health assessment in an unlocked setting;
· The youth cannot be managed outside a 24-hour program and/or exhibits significant danger to self or others;
· The youth lacks significant support, resources and ability to effectively utilize community-based treatment;
· The youth has exhibited significant impairment in judgment, impulse control and/or cognitive/perceptual ability due to psychiatric problems;
· The youth has significantly impaired interpersonal functioning including with peer and family relationships;
· The youth has experienced significant dysfunction in educational and/or occupational settings.