Do you know a child or teen who has problems making friends? Has uncontrollable mood swings or displays signs of aggression, anxiety or fear?
Edgewood Center for Children and Families has provided intensive behavioral health services to children, youth, and families for over 30 years. Our programs are designed to assess, stabilize and treat a broad range of challenges including high risk behavioral and emotional issues resulting in family conflict, significant decline(s) in school performance and/or participation vs. failure, poor peer relationships and aggressive or self- destructive behaviors.
Getting started is Easy…
Edgewood’s Intake Department is available to identify a treatment program that responds to your needs and to help you through the referral process. Contact us today at 844.EDGE411 (334.3411) to learn more, or fill out the contact form below and one of our Intake staff will contact you shortly.
Click on a heading below to learn more about our behavioral health services for children, youth and families.
The Referral Process
Click each link to learn more about the assessment and intake services the San Francisco Intake Department provides for the following programs:
Long Term Programs
Acute Intensive Services
- Acute Intensive Services Program (private insurance, private pay, and Medi-Cal insured)
- Hospital Diversion (private insurance, private pay, and Medi-Cal insured)
- Partial Hospitalization (private insurance, private pay, and Medi-Cal insured)
- Intensive Outpatient Program, SF (private insurance, private pay, and Medi-Cal insured)
- Intensive Outpatient Program, San Carlos (private insurance, private pay, and Medi-Cal insured)
- Community Based Services and outpatient services can make a referral or get more info by clicking here.
- Peer Wellness Program services and eligibility click here.
Still unsure of what service might be right for you? Fill out this form here and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
**Note, please do not submit confidential details, urgent requests, or referrals with this form. For these matters, call us at 844.EDGE411 (334.3411)
Click to see photos of Halleck Cottage
What makes a youth eligible for any one of our services depends on a number of factors. Generally, the youth that we serve are:
- male, female, or transgender, ages 6-17
- Significant levels of distress that may include repeated hospitalizations, incidents of self-harm, periodic substance abuse, issues that impact their ability to access their education or attend school, behavioral problems in home and/or at school
- Struggling with anxiety, depression, mood destabilization, familial conflict, or trauma
- Needing a medication evaluation or crisis stabilization
- In need of an IEP or have had one
If you’re unsure about eligibility or which program might be appropriate, contact us here.
The Referral Process
Who Can Refer?
- Parents/Legal Guardians
- Primary Care Doctors
- Placement workers
- School Counselors
- Private Providers
From the point of the first phone call, we will guide you through the referral and admission process. We will talk with other providers in order to gather information, to better understand the needs of the client, and to direct the treatment process. After gathering this information, we might suggest another mode of treatment, offer case management services when necessary, or choose to further review the case with our Intake team for admission to one of our programs. Click to see Services here.
To make a referral or to go on a tour, please contact us at 844.EDGE411 (334.3411). We will discuss a list of necessary items to bring prior to an admit.