Donate Stocks or Securities
Gifts of stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares can be an economical way for you to make a donation to Edgewood. You may realize significant tax benefits by donating stocks or securities in lieu of making a cash contribution. We encourage you to consult with a financial advisor or tax accountant prior to making a donation of this type.
Benefits of making a stock or securities contribution include:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in value of your stock.
- Receive an income tax deduction for the full market value of your gift if you have held the assets for at least one year.
- Make a larger gift at a lower cost to you.
For More Information:
- Download our Stocks and Securities form.
- If you have any questions or want to arrange for a transfer, please contact the Development Department at 415-375-7576 or at GreggB@edgewood.org