Breakfast and Dinner Club Frequently Asked Questions
What is Edgewood’s Breakfast Club and Dinner Club?
• Breakfast Clubs and Dinner Clubs are held through prior arrangement with priority given to corporate partners, community supporters, and major donors. Both clubs provide an opportunity for volunteers to make breakfast or dinner for the children at our Vicente Campus. The Campus is a residential treatment facility for children who have had adverse childhood experiences and live in on-campus cottages. The Breakfast and Dinner Clubs provide a safe and structured way for them to develop social skills and interact with the community.
How do the Breakfast and Dinner Clubs work?
• Both clubs begin with an orientation about Edgewood, the residential treatment program, and the children we serve. Volunteers are divided into teams and assigned to a cottage. With staff supervision, volunteers prepare and serve breakfast or dinner for the children who sometimes help cook. Volunteers then eat with the children and staff. Breakfast food items are provided by Edgewood, but volunteers are encouraged to bring additional breakfast food items. Volunteers provide all dinner items.
What is the schedule?
• Breakfast Clubs are held on select Saturdays beginning at 8:30am and ending around 11:30am.
• Dinner Clubs are held on select Sundays beginning at 4:30pm and ending around 7:30pm.
What are the requirements for volunteers?
• Volunteers must be 18 or older
• Volunteers must be able to cook basic food items
• Volunteers must be flexible and patient.
Where are you located?
• Our residential campus is at 1801 Vicente Street (at 29th Avenue) in San Francisco’s Sunset district. There is ample parking and we are close to Bart and Muni.
How do I sign up?
• Contact Kristin Thomas, Corporate and Community Engagement Manager at 415.682.3149 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.